Monday 21 September 2009

Fancy a little place by the sea?

Having fallen head over heals in love over this magnificent stretch of coastline over the past week, and having lots of thinking time, the thought did cross my mind about acquiring a little slice of the scenery and I narrowed it down to two options:

Option 1: Some elderly wealthy aunt of whom I know not sadly passes on and leaves behind a chunk of cash for her favourite nephew, whom she knew not. Then I would plumb for one of the Armstrong Cottages, pictured (top). Low maintenance. Just across the sand dunes from Bamburgh Castle. Done. And they only cost £250,000;


Option 2: Said elderly aunt has other favourite nephew of whom she and I knew not. Then I need something a little more fitting to my financial standing: that would be a delightful beach hut on the promenade at South Blyth (bottom). Annual rent for exclusive use £750.


Either's fine by me......and my aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment